Friday, August 9, 2013

Finally! I captured lightning!

I took so many photos during the last thunder and lightning storm, and looking at the photos on the camera I didn't see a single lightning strike.  But when I pulled them up on the computer, I had gotten two lightning shots.  I got a few last year with my old camera, and really wanted to get some with the new camera this year, too.  Here they are:



The strikes were coming down from under the clouds.  The second photo has strikes on the right and left side of the tree.  I'm going to try to get more lightning photos if these storms continue.

I caught this squirrel sitting on a broken tree branch, appearing to be a lookout.  See the other squirrel right at the top of the photo?  Just like the lightning photos, I didn't see the second squirrel until I uploaded the photo. I wonder what they were looking at.


We have some pretty flowers coming up, probably more than last year because of all the rain.  The grounds are all green, too, and this keeps the dust down. I've hardly had to clean my floors since I've been here.

Last year this field across from the electric sites was all dirt, with some small tufts of green.



 


WELCOME to our new Followers:

First is Woody - whose blog is called I Am Woody.  Woody and her husband, Vol Fan, who is a project manager for a construction company, usually move every 3 to 6 months for his job.  She says, "I have a bit of wanderlust so life on the road suits me."  Hey, Woody, it doesn't look like you have an RV, do you?  If not, you'd be a perfect candidate for a rolling home.  I loved your photos of Carlsbad Caverns.  Thanks for following along with me and Katie!

And next, this is kind of weird, but I found some followers at the end of the list, you know, the people who are Followers but don't have a photo?  They are included at the end, and don't show on our posts, so often they go unrecognized.  I didn't realize there were this many that I don't think I've welcomed in previous posts, so if you are here, please consider yourself Welcomed!


Katie and I appreciate all our Followers, whether you have a photo or not.  :)

From me and Katie, have a great Thursday, everyone!  :)

18 comments:

  1. Your first lightening strike looks like the bottom of the United States. Pretty cool. I have never captured lightening, I don't think I could see it in here among all the trees. I have found hidden surprises as well when I download, that is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lightening shots. I have yet to take one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to get a shot at a lightning. Well done! I always press the button just a fraction of a second too late! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congratulations, Barbara...those are always hard shots to get, and you did good!! Love all of your photos with your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lightening shots are great - and I enjoyed the rest of the photos as well. Always love seeing wildflowers in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots! that's hard to do. great photography period!

    hahaa Tammy, right. it does look like the bottom of the US!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These days I'd be thrilled to even SEE lightning... let alone try to capture it in a photo! I'd even settle for a photo of rain. But really... you did good... maybe I'll catch that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lightning shots! Where is Katy during all the thunder and lightning?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lightning shots are beautiful, and the flowers are so refreshing! So much beauty all around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lightening shots are amazing, I've never managed it.

    My fave though is the funky cactus(?) with the pretty purple flowers. What an interesting color!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics as always Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool that you captured the lightning. If you just keep shooting even if you don't see it sometimes you get lucky.
    Can't believe how green it is there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some Canon digital cameras, you can download and install a CHDK firmware enhancement to enable motion activated shutter. Good for shooting lightning. Web search for all the
    details.


    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice photos! Good job with the lightning - I've never managed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll try again. We have terrible internet but I did see the first picture with the lightening. It was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dog is so cute, I like your blog. I loved it on blogionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Currently we are tent campers and work pays for our hotel stays while we are working. But we are saving our pennies for a rolling home!! It would be perfect for our life!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!