Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas to all my Blogging friends and followers.  I hope you will all be with the people you love tomorrow.  Or, if not, that you are happy spending the day as you wish.

I have my Christmas songs playing on my computer as I type this.  Elvis, Johnny Mathis, Neil Diamond, The Beach Boys, all the good oldies, and a few newer artists.

What would we do without our computers?  I use mine to listen to my music, I listen to Sirius XM on-line, play some of my audio books, watch TV shows and movies, surf the web to look things up, stay current with the news, play games.  About the only thing I don't use it for is to read books, although I could.  I find my Kindle easier to read.  I have a library card from the Quartzsite library, and have checked out a few books.  They allow visitors to have free library cards with just a photo ID, which I think is very good public relations on their part.

The group here is going into Quartzsite for Christmas dinner.   It's nice to be with people who are social - seeing people sitting outside in the afternoon, or around a campfire in the evening, is nice.  I don't always join them, but it 's nice to know they are there.  And it's nice that I can join them if I want.

All my Christmas things were sold in the estate sale, but I saved this Christmas Angel that my son's family gave me one year.  She is so cute, and so small I can store her easily.  She is hanging over my couch.

I love her long legs and big feet!

When I've been in town I looked for a small tree to put on my dinette table.  I want something around a foot high, and different looking.  Something pretty and colorful, but I couldn't find anything I liked.  I want something I can save from year to year.  I think I'll keep looking, and check out the occasional Christmas Store that is open all year that I see from time to time.

Things have been very quiet around the campground lately.  I went for a ride with Delores the other day.  She was heading out to get some ice cream at an old fashioned ice cream place in Vicksburg (I think), and  we ended up having lunch and then hot fudge sundaes for dessert. Wow, they were great! We then drove on to Bouse where there are boondocking areas then back to Quartzsite.

My generator is still not working right.  I took The Palms back to Bob's Generator Thursday and he tested it again.  My microwave started clicking again Wednesday night.  He tested everything, and occasionally the volts would show higher than they should.  He's convinced it's a generator issue, but for the most part it works perfectly when I'm there.

He had me go up to the hardware store and get a simple plug-in volt meter to keep plugged into one of my electrical plugs.  He said to monitor it when the generator is on.  I've tripped the breaker for the microwave and only turn the breaker on when I want to use it.  The volt meter did spike once, and I turned the generator off.

Bob spent some time on and off on Thursday morning checking it with his meters, adjusting the generator settings.  It was windy and cold out, and his wife, Colleen, came by to see if he wanted a hot chocolate, and she brought me a big one, too, with whipped cream on top.  That was so sweet of her.  It really hit the spot on a day like that.  They are gone for Christmas and he will only have one day in the shop next week, then will be gone again until after New Years, so I'm hoping everything will be good until he gets back.

  Katie this morning, "I'm not ready to get up yet."

There is definitely something wrong, but I can live with it for now, since I have solar for power and heat that doesn't need power.  I can start the engine to charge the batteries if I need to.  The weather outlook is pretty much full sun for the next week.  I'm hoping Bob can get to the bottom of the problem.  He is the expert here, and I don't think I'll find anyone more knowledgeable about generators.

I was telling a couple of volunteers here about my generator issues, and asked them about the place I originally had an appointment with - the place I had a bad feeling about.  They said they have heard nothing but horror stories about that place, and they would NEVER recommend them.  Thank goodness I listened to my gut feelings.  They bring their rigs to the shop that Bob works out of, and feel they are the best in town, so I lucked out going there.

 Our pretty Quartzsite sunsets.

Although I don't want clouds because they impact my solar efficiency, they sure do give us beautiful colors in our sunsets.  The last couple of evenings have been completely clear, so we've had pretty pink skies, but nothing dramatic.

I don't want to jinx myself, but we have a good buyer for my condo.  If you were reading my blog last June, you'll remember I'm doing a short sale, and the mortgage company has to accept the offer and terms for the sale to go through. We've had two offers that were rejected.  This one was a full price offer, with the seller to pay some of the fees, and the mortgage company refuses to pay the fees, so the buyer came back with a lower offer and no fees paid by the seller.  It works out the same for the buyer, and the mortgage company will actually net more than they require, so I'm hoping to hear soon that it's a go.  If not, we also have a back-up all cash offer standing by with the cash-out net required, so it looks like the condo sale will be happening.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  That will be a great Christmas present!   :)))))))

Have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow - I hope Santa brings you everything you asked for!

From Me and Katie, happy Saturday, everyone!  :)

21 comments:

  1. That is wonderful if you can sell your condo. Having property like that when you are on the road and don't ever intend to return to it would be like a weight around your neck.

    I never got around to getting solar, but I have the feeling I would have had the same problems you have with it. When it works right it's great, but many people find little glitches with it.

    Good luck in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the condo sale goes through, throwing happy "condo sale" thoughts your way!!!

    Great sunset!

    Good for you getting solar, it will certainly pay off in the long run for sure!

    I want to get solar for Tara, but not for a few years yet. Have to save my pennies first!

    Merry Christmas hug from Sammy to Katie and hope you guys have a great holiday season!

    Cheers!
    Karyn and SD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the sale! It's such a helpless feeling to be waiting on a buyer; we can surely sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Katie!!..hope you spend the day exactly the way you want!!!..Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you! What would we do without our computers? I'm feeling connected to family and friends all over the country as a result. Love that pic of Katie. Looks like Gingee does in the a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and Katie! I want to say I love how you are always so optimistic...figure things out and then do what is best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog. I read it all the time. Hope both the generator and condo issues are taken care of quickly.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Christmas card--your rig plus a little whimsy added. The sunset pictures are stunning. I hope the New Year brings you a "sold" condo, a fixed generator, and continued RV bliss.

    http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks as always for your good posts - I learn from them! I enjoy knowing you and Katie are living such a good life. Here's hoping the condo sale goes through. Have a wonderful holiday; and thank you again for your wonderful blog.
    --Jool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture of Katie! Merry Christmas to both of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on the sale! Very cute picture of Katie.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas to you and Katie!! Sure hope you get that condo sell for a Christmas gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas to you and Katie...sending up a prayer that the condo sells for you....!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Barbara and Katie.
    Hope you condo sells and they figure out what is wrong with your generator. Those two things would make great gifts.
    Walgreens and Michael's had some cute little trees and very colorful. I am going to get one for my rig.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always enjoy reading your blog - your pics are amazing, too!
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm one for sure that is very happy spending the day as I wish. And that's exactly what I did.

    Love the pic of your rig with all the decorations. I'd never be able to figure out how to do that. But I sure would be lost without my computer. I even use it to watch the TV programs I like.

    Damn that generator problem !! What could it be ?? Have you thought of posting the problem on the many RV website ? There is such a wealth of knowledge there. I've had many of my questions/problems solved there.

    The latest pic of Katie is absolutely the most adorable yet. Can't get much cuter than that.

    And lastly, yes, those sunsets - especialy that deep orange. Gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In hope all works out for the condo sale & that the generator issues get fixed. Next year would be great to start out with a clean slate! I too want a small tree for my RV, but I want it different too, so maybe after C'mas, there will be something out there. Merry Christmas! Katie looks so cute snuggled like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Merry Christmas! I was looking for a small tree that would be easy to pack and could not find one. I have a small wall quilt of a Christmas Tree that I hung on a door, I was going to sew some buttons or sequins on it, but never got around to it, maybe for next year. I hope you get the generator thing worked out, I'm just learning how all of this electricity stuff works.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sure hope the sale is approved. Love the beautiful sunset pictures...WOW! Katie looks so cute all snuggled in. I thought she might be wearing a Santa suit by now hahaha..
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas to you and Katie. Good news on the condo sale, Barb. Sounds like it anyway. Such a cute picture of Katie. Get her up this morning and give her a big Christmas hug and smooch from us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck on the sale. Did you notice Katie is the same pose as the "Katie's daily puppy pic?" Cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!