Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lazy day at Pleasant Lake

Katie and I just took it easy today, we took three long walks which felt really good.  Different parks offer different kinds of walks, and this park has good views and terrain for us.  Just enough hills, lots of plants to look at, and Katie loves the burro piles.  That's definitely a new smell for her.  :)

I just paid some bills, watched some TV, played some computer games and took a nap.  What a day.  I love retirement and full-timing.

Some photos from today:

 Our water faucet leaks, and the birds like that.  Can you see the bird drinking?
The move their wings like a hummer and just hang there while they're drinking.
I had fun watching them for quite a while this afternoon.

 Another drinking bird with lots of buddies nearby.


 Pretty birds - almost the same red as the faucet.

 Chipmunks get thirsty, too!

 He can barely reach the dripping faucet.

 Close up of the (I think) chipmunk?


 I love the different shapes and arms on these Saguaro Cactus.

 The Saguaro Cactus are all over the hills, I guess it's a cactus forest?

Another picture of The Palms.


The sunset reflecting on the lake - I can't get a good Eastern sunset photo because there's nothing there to photograph.  Clear sky - it's beautiful, pinks and yellows, the colors keep changing as the sun goes down - but no clouds, no trees, nothing to show except a gorgeous colorful sky.  It's much prettier on the Western side where the colors are reflecting on the lake and clouds.


From Me and My Dog, have a great Tuesday evening, everyone!  :)

17 comments:

  1. Great photos. I like the one of th moon showing up about The Palm.
    Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day after all the driving.
    I don't remember those birds being that bright red in fall, usually around spring and mating season they are really red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drip really attracted a lot of critters! Love the picture today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following your blog - the photos are awesome! You and Katie are living a good life. :)
    -- Jool

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ideal day. Isn't it nice to slow down and notice the world around you?

    Chinese proverb: to be entirely at leisure for one day is to be for one day an immortal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice park you came across, love the little birds at the faucet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun to watch the birds and critters partake of the water drip. Beautiful pictures once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. as the sun sets on yet another day I am sure you are most thankful for your lifestyle!!..enjoy the view!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try not to overdo it. And yes, that was a chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The birds at the water are house finches, and I might disagree with Bob. I think the critter may be a ground squirrel. :) I believe chipmunks have a white stripe through their eye...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos of the birds and cactus. I know what you mean about relaxing days just hanging around - I'm getting used to it here in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures.
    Congratulations on deciding to go solar. Now you will be your own utility. If you have not already found a good source of how to evaluate your needs, and what equipment to have installed, e-mail me and I will send you a couple of sites that discuss solar and batteries in great detail.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you are doing your little bit to help support the local wildlife there, Barbara. Give Katie a big hug for us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love reading your blog. Love the photos, the adventures with Katie, the burro's, etc. I'm trying to catch up, will probably get caught up tomorrow. I'm so glad you've chosen to share your travels with us. Life is good :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!