Saturday, September 18, 2010

Droid2 and Picasa

Good Grief!  I forgot to WELCOME my two new followers yesterday.  Too excited about my new phone.  So... a belated WELCOME to Heidi and Freely Living Life!  Thanks for following Me and My Dog, and I hope you enjoy the ride!  We're happy to have you along.

Still working on setting up my new Droid2.  I went in this morning to the Verizon store. They said on the phone it was a class from 8 to 9 am., so I was there at 7:50 - of course, early!  They opened the doors at 8:00, and their were a few of us.  It's not actually a class, just a tutorial of whatever questions you have.  They had 4 or 5 sales people there to help, so it went pretty fast for all of us.  I bought the screen cover - a thin plastic sheet that goes over the screen so it won't get scratched - and a cover for the phone.  I was going to get the leather cover, but a man next to me recommended the rubber, or silicon, cover, which he said was easier to hold onto, so that's what I got.

I've got all my contacts in now, with photos by their phone numbers so when people call me, their photo comes up and I can see right away who it is.  At least for my family and friends.  I always go around the house and take photos of photos with my phone.  Then I transfer them to the contacts.

I downloaded a few free apps - games mostly.  Organized the home page with the apps I will use the most.  It's a pretty cool phone, and I think worth the money I paid, $150.00.  (I can't believe I spent that much, but I did.)  At least my company will pay the phone bill until I retire - that's a great benefit of  my job, my boss pays for my phone and my gas.   (Not total freebies, the reimbursement for phone and gas was in lieu of a higher salary, so it's actually part of my pay every month.)

I downloaded Picasa again, I haven't had it on this laptop, and it did it's thing finding all the individual faces and putting them together in separate files.  Love the way it does that face recognition.  I'm wanting to put together a video of my granddaughter, Lauren's, first gymnastics class - she was so cute and loved it so much, I pretty much videotaped the whole 45 minutes.  There's a lot that needs to be cut out, so I need to find a program to do that.  I've never worked with video before, so between the new phone, playing with Picasa, and learning how to cut the video into a movie, I've got my work cut out for me.


I spent a good part of this morning adding names to the photos Picasa didn't recognize.  Then I made a collage of some photos of Andrew, my grandson.

They are such cute kids, smart, athletic, good looking, sweet, well behaved, and they love Grammy and Katie.  What more could I ask? 

Have a good evening from Me and My Droid...I mean Katie! :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the warm welcome! We are excited to have stumbled upon your blog and look forward to enjoying your posts! =)

    Sounds like you are really enjoying your phone! It sounds very high tech! Enjoy!

    Picasa is a wonderful program! Glad to hear you are utilizing this tool and having fun with it as well!

    Your Grandchildren are beautiful! It's obvious you are a very proud Grandma. =)

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great phone!! I know you will enjoy it.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the phone, but think it is too techie for me. I am still looking at picasa and saying WWWWHHHHAAATTTT??? I am from the old school, it takes me a long time to discover how everything works, then its time for an update..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - we LOVE them!